Monday, December 2, 2013

Elf on the Shelf

Happy Monday, friends! I hope everyone had a great 1st day back from Thanksgiving break. I have 13 1/2 days left until Christmas break...but who is counting? There is seriously SO much to do and I am 12 kinds of stressed. Anyways, we kicked the day off right. Santa came to visit while my students were at lunch (wink, wink). He snuck in through the window and when he did, his hat got caught. Oopsie! He even left a few bells from his sleigh. 
I guess there must be a lot of snow in the North Pole, because there was snow everywhere!
Santa left an official letter, reindeer food, and Elf on the Shelf. My students were so excited and could hardly wait to read the book and learn all about their new Elf friend. We voted and decided to name our Elf, Jingles. But it was a toss up between Justin Bieber, Ryder, and Jake. ha ha If you do not do Elf on the Shelf, I highly recommend it  - it encourages great behavior and also gets students in the holiday spirit. 
Stay tuned for the adventures of Jingles. I have lots of things up my sleeve. If you are interested in some great Elf on the Shelf ideas, be sure to visit my Pinterest board. Just click the image below. 

1 comments:

Sra. Carro said...

I love your elfie post! The snow idea is awesome and I will be borrowing it! I would LOVE for you to link this post at my Elf Class Ideas Linky Party. Thank you!!
FlapJack Educational Resources